From the stunningly beautiful Haystack Rock to the dramatic caves and waterfalls at Hug Point, Cannon Beach is an inspiring place to explore throughout the year. Summer at the beach holds a special place in the hearts of many. The Oregon Coast has long been popular destinations for summer travelers looking to getaway from the hectic frenzy of modern day life. The Arch Cape Inn, just south of the Cannon Beach area, is a true summer retreat perfect for those looking for a romantic few days by the sea. Book your summer getaway with us today, and see for yourself the unparalleled beauty of the Oregon Coast this summer.
Oregon Coast in the Summer
Though there are a tremendous variety of things to do in and around Cannon Beach during the summer. Whether you’re here for the abundant nature or just here for the romantic escape, the Oregon Coast is an unbeatable getaway destination.
In total, the Oregon Coast trail spans 382 miles along stunning uninterrupted beach trails. From there, your possibilities for adventure are truly limitless and breathtaking.
- In Beautiful Oswald West State Park, wander through old-growth Sitka Spruce and enjoy incredible vistas of the iconic rocky shoreline of the Oregon Coast. The Cape Falcon Trail emerges from beautiful coastal rainforest at Cape Falcon, where you’ll enjoy stunning coastal views north to Tillamook Head and south to Cape Lookout. You’ll also find a trail leading up the challenging slopes of Neahkhanie Mountain, where you’ll be rewarded with wildflower-covered meadows and an unbeatable view.
- Another popular destination for hiking on the Oregon Coast is Ecola State Park, where you’ll find trails leading to Indian Beach, Crescent Beach, and the Tillamook Head Trail.
- For a truly challenging hike, head up to the top of Saddle Mountain, which happens to be the highest point in the Coast Range.
A visit to the Oregon Coast would be wholly incomplete without at least a little bit of time dedicated to the time-honored tradition of beach combing. The sounds of ocean waves and seabirds will soothe your soul as you stroll along the beach, and the treasures you’ll find along the way will delight and bring out the inner child of all who travel to these beautiful rocky shores. As it happens, you don’t even have to venture very far from our luxurious Inn to find some spectacular tide pools. During low tide, Hug Point State Recreation Site has plenty of pools to keep you enthralled for hours. You cannot miss the iconic Haystack Rock and The Needles, the former of which rises 235 feet out of the Pacific Ocean. The tide pools at Haystack Rock are one of seven protected Marine Gardens along the Oregon Coast, which also provides valuable bird habitat. Nesting Puffins are a favorite in this area. Other popular beaches for beach combing include:
- Chapman Point & Bird Rocks is a great place for birdwatching, as it’s home to a dense colony of Common Murres, Bald Eagles, and more.
- Tolovana Beach, which offers colorful tide pools and abundant wildlife.
- The Beaches of Ecola State Park are a favorite for surfing and beach walks.
- Arcadia Beach is a great place for picnicking, exploring tide pools, and watching surfers catching waves.
Sunsets, romantic walks on the beach, and a romantic dinner. It sounds a lot like your favorite romance novel, doesn’t it? The Oregon Coast is one of the most romantic destinations in the west. The sunset views along the wide sandy beaches of Cannon Beach are impossible to describe. Once the sun has gone down, enjoy a glass of wine and a simple picnic beside the glow of a beach fire, or head to a romantic dinner at one of Cannon Beach’s gourmet restaurants. Favorites include Newmans at 988, The Bistro, The Wayfarer, and Mo’s.
No matter how or where you choose to spend your day on the beautiful Oregon Coast, know that a cozy fire, good friends, food and wine will be waiting for you at the stunning Arch Cape Inn and Retreat. Don’t Wait. Book your Oregon Coast Getaway with us today!