Things to do on the Oregon Coast
The Oregon Coast is one of the greatest destinations in the country and has plenty to offer for everyone. From beautiful sandy beaches, countless hiking trails, historical museums, restaurants, and more, the Oregon Coast is the ideal spot for any trip.
Arch Cape Inn is nestled at the base of an ancient volcanic mountain range where massive basalt formations plunge into the sea. The Arch Cape Inn sits amidst one of the world’s few temperate rainforests, steps from the Pacific Ocean beaches. Our inn is right on US Scenic By-Way as well as on the Oregon Coast Trail, which provides our guests with an ideal location to go out and explore all the natural wonders and things to do on the Oregon Coast. We are only 4-7 miles from Cannon Beach and Manzanita. We guarantee you’ll always find something to do here on the Oregon Coast.
Below is a list of a few of our favorite attractions and things to do in the area. For more ideas and comprehensive suggestions, make sure to download our Free Travel Guide to the Oregon Coast.
Top 10 Attractions Around Our Inn & Cannon Beach
Click on any pin to learn more about the attraction.
State Parks and Hiking Trails
- Cape Falcon Kayak
PO Box 582, Manzanita OR 97130
10 miles away – 9-holes, Beautiful Ocean Views
- Gearhart Golf
15 miles away – 18 holes, Beautiful, Classic Links
- Seaside Public Golf
12 miles away – 9-holes, Sometimes you can take your dog with you.
A good idea to check the Tide Table before scheduling a tee time.
Crabbing Adventures and Boat Rentals
Museums and Historic Sights
- Columbia River Maritime Museum
In our opinion, the best Maritime museum on the West Coast, but runs neck and neck with the Royal BC Museum in Victoria (sorry, San Francisco). The 6-minute movie is worth a 1-year history course.
- Fort Stevens State Park
Astoria is home to the South Jetty and the Wreck of the Peter Iredale.
- Lewis and Clark and Related Attractions
Lewis & Clark National Historical Park Sites
- Fort Clatsop
- Fort to Sea Trail
- Clark’s Dismal Nitch
- Station Camp
- Salt Works
- Netul Landing
- Memorial to Thomas Jefferson
Washington State Park Sites
- Cape Disappointment State Park
(including the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center & Bookstore)
Oregon State Park Sites
- Fort Stevens State Park
- Sunset Beach State Recreation Area
- Ecola State Park
- Cannon Beach Farmer’s Market – June-September Tuesdays from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Astoria Farmer’s Market – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays, May through October
- Manzanita Farmers’ Market – Fridays, 5:00 – 8:00 pm, Mid June – Mid September
- Cannon Beach Coaster Theater – The Coaster Theatre is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the cultural, artistic and civic vitality of Cannon Beach by continuing the tradition of producing quality community theatre and memorable experiences for residents and visitors of all ages.